New Features in the New Tour Editor
Our efforts to make all tour editing features available in the new tour editor make a big step forward today with the announcement of the following new functionality:
- You can now create new tours! The new address auto-complete is really slick and should help save time and reduce errors when entering the tour address.
- You can now upload images! Images can be drag-n-drop'd to the new editor and will become editable as soon as they've been processed. This should drastically reduce the time required to start editing your media!
This new process completely skips the "process inbox" step from the old system and should be a great alternative in 99% of cases. The new system "guesses" about the uploads, so the possibility of error here is limited only to two cases: incorrect detection of partial pano FOVs and inability to strip audio tracks from video clips. If you need either of these two features you should use the old system for the affected media items.
- The pano camera settings editor is now available from within the new editor.
- The video slideshow mode settings are now available from within the new editor.
Since the new editor app is a single web page and doesn't require page loads for all of the separate bits of functionality, this can really save a lot of time in your production workflow. We are very excited to continue shaving time off of every step in the tour creation process and these efficiency improvements will continue in the future.
Improvements to the Video Slideshow / Ken Burns
We are happy to announce some major improvements to the video slideshow system.
- Pan & Scan of wide or tall photos is now supported! For example, tall shots of stairwells can be configured to pan up and down with no cropping, and extra-wide shots from side to side with no cropping. This has been a major feature request for a long time and we're delighted to finally be able to put it in your hands.
- There is no longer a fixed aspect ratio on the rectangles when configuring custom video slideshow settings. This change was made to allow you to specify arbitrary rectangles of interest.
- The player (excluding older skins: Rounded Dock, Mint Tea, and Boxy) has been updated to drastically reduce letterboxing of photos in video slideshow mode. We are able to detect if letterboxing would occur based on the rectangles of interest and magically "snap" the edge of the photo to the edge of the player to eliminate letterboxing in most cases. The result is a drastic improvement in the aesthetics of the video slideshow mode across a wide variety of situations.