Now that we've launched comprehensive QR Code support in TourBuzz
!), we are getting questions about how to create custom QR Codes.
It's very fast and easy. Google has a free chart-builder tool that includes support for QR Codes. Here's how you can use it to generate a custom QR Code.
- Go to the Google Chart Builder tool.
- Click on the "Editor" tab.
- Choose "QrCode" from the "Chart Type" drop-down.
- Enter the desired URL into the "Text" box.
- Click outside the text box, and the QR Code will re-draw on the right.
- You can now either right-click and save the QR Code image, or use the links provided underneath the image as well.
- Be sure to test your QR Codes before you use them! There's no way to verify that a QR code does what you want it to without scanning it.
Here's an additional tip: if you want to make a QR Code that calls a phone number use this format: