Not sure if everyone saw some of the discussions on LinkedIn, but Camranger was just released, seems like a great solution to some of the shortfalls of the Canon line for remotely controlling the Camera.  Great for those of us who do elevated shots and don't want to lug a 30 ft usb cable and laptop around.

From their website:  CamRanger is a stand-alone device that connects toselect Canon or Nikon DLSR cameras with a provided USB cable. It creates an ad-hoc WiFi network that your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch can then connect to. The free CamRanger iOS app then enabled control of the camera. There is no need for a computer or existing Internet connection.

From LinkedIN, the reviews have been great.  Although it looks homemade and somewhat cheap, which from what I can gather it is.  It was made by a husband and wife to solve a problem and they decided to sell their creation.  But everyone who has one says it works as promised.  Customer support has been great and they provide regular updates as needed.

From their website: CamRanger is very much a product in active development. We get excellent feedback from customers and are constantly making improvements and enhancements. As customers ourselves we hate being charged extra for little features or new capabilities, so our business model is to provide all the software updates, including new platforms at no charge.

Excellent way to do business!

Read more at:http://www.camranger.com/

If anyone has this product, please let us know how it is going!

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried this yet? I'm very curious about a great app for my Ipad or iphone to camera. Unfortunately, the canon app just doesn't get great reviews...so I just don't want to put out the money for it.

Hi Laura,

No, we never decided to invest, instead we went with Canon 6D cameras to phase out our old ones.  The 6D have a wireless system built in that allows remote shooting with your phone, point to point, live preview, etc.  Great for our elevated shots, and we can email preview copies of photos to our clients.  I think the 70D also offers it, but nothing released before the 6D.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Paul Rodman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service